Hey, Don't Puke This Up It's Expensive




Submitted by Lana

One of my roommates at the time had a friend of a friend who wanted to be a set up on a date. I agreed after she said he was cool, and he called to arrange the date. He sounded decent, but after I said his real name a few times, he asked me to actually call him by his nickname, K-Dawg. I'm not the type to be into someone who has "dawg" in their name, but figured, eh, I'll give him a try. 

We went to Olive Garden for dinner. We small talked while looking at the menu, and I was a bit taken aback when he boldly said, "Just so you know, you don't get to order just a salad. I don't date girls like that." I initially laughed because I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't.

Ok cool, weirdo. First, I hadn't even said what I wanted to order, but if I wanted to order a salad, I damn well could. Either way, I decided to just order something to appease my potentially controlling date, so I could have good take out for later. Shortly after our food arrived, and we were digging in, he blurted out, "Hey, you're not planning on puking all that up after you eat it are you? This place isn't cheap. I'm not buying you dinner so you can waste my money." 

I'd had enough. I have always been very naturally thin, and regularly people have assumed that I had an eating disorder because of it. I didn't have one, but I understood when people were at least curious because it happened regularly. However, I wasn't going to give this guy a pass for being a total jerk. I sat through a few more minutes of dinner before faking sick and making him take me home. 

Comments

Favorites