I'm Not A Hand Holder



Submitted by Katie

It was my first date with this guy. The pro hockey game had just ended. We hit the stadium stairs, and he took a few steps then grabbed my hand. (I had given him no signs I wanted him to touch me at all.) I stopped and looked at his hand, shocked. There was a natural tug due to my lack of movement., so he stopped, looked up and stared at me.

I had no idea what to say, at dinner earlier I had learned I didn't want to go on a second date with him, and definitely didn't want him touching me. I blurted out, “I’m not a hand holder.”

It took a second for that to click. When it did he let go and we went on our way.

He took me dancing after the game, which was also awkward. So, I danced with my girlfriends and caught a ride home with them.

Comments

Favorites